Helpful Pregnancy Tips –
Pregnancy is the most beautiful phase of a woman’s life. In fact, it’s an old wive’s tale that having a baby completes the purpose of womanhood. Pregnancy is the only blind date where you know you are going to meet the love of your life. It is said that it is very important to stay active during a pregnancy instead of being lethargic.
Following are some pregnancy tips that will be beneficial for the expectant –
- Healthy Weight – Gaining a considerable amount of weight during pregnancy helps your baby to grow healthy inside your womb. Gaining weight should happen at a constant pace because if a mother is gaining excess weight or is not able to gain weight at all, it will be a matter of concern for the growth and development of the baby.
Conceiving a baby when you are overweight might result in a complicated pregnancy that may increase the risk of Diabetes or Blood Pressure for the mother. And could even result in delivery through C-Section.
- Healthy Eating – Pregnancy is all about craving for food that is spicy, sour, sweet, and whatnot. But it is very important to have a healthy balanced diet in order to ensure smooth growth and development of your baby. Consuming the right amount of calories will help your baby gain an appropriate amount of weight. An Expecting mother should eat more of green leafy vegetables because they are a rich source of fiber, Whole GRains that will provide fiber and Vitamin B along with all other nutritions, fat-free low-fat milk, almonds, other drinks that are a rich source of vitamins and calcium, etc. Expecting mothers should limit the intake of salts, caffeine and solid fats like butter, lard, and shortening. In Addition to that, consuming alcohol, tobacco, fishes with a high level of mercury should be avoided completely.
- Practice Prenatal Yoga Asanas – Practicing easy prenatal yoga asanas during pregnancy helps your body to maintain its flexibility levels and also it may help in normal vaginal delivery. It helps the mom to stay active throughout the 9 months. Meditating during pregnancy promotes positive mental health and aids the mommy to be calm and composed throughout.
- Don’t get involved with heavy weight lifting or stressing household chores.
- Take Proper Rest.
- Follow 6 Meals a day Schedule.
- Avoid traveling in the latter stages of your pregnancy.
- Consult a doctor if you find spotting or sticky vaginal discharge.
- Consider seeking help from your friends or family to have a first hand, real-time experience of “Parenthood”
- Don’t overmedicate
- Don’t Stress unnecessarily
- Remain Close To Nature.
- Too much information could also be disastrous.
- Sex during pregnancy is completely normal but only after a green signal from your gynecologists.
- Try to stay calm during your “Mood Swings” and the urge to punch everyone in the face.
- Communicate to your partner about how you feel, about your fear of labor, how your lives are going to change after the arrival of the tiny bundle of joy, responsibilities change, etc.
You May Also Read –